Thursday, March 4, 2010

Gearing Up For 2nd Marathon

Little Rock is Sunday - and I'm NERVOUS. I hear it's a very hilly route. Hills aren't my favorite at any time and 26.2 miles of hills does not sound like a good time. :-(

I'm totally doing this for my girl, Shelley. I've trained to 21 miles a few weeks ago, with some hills incorporated, but....I just know how much it hurts now. Last time I was nervous excited. Now it's different. I KNOW what to expect, and I KNOW how much it hurts and I'm kind of dreading it. I sure hope that I feel as accomplished after this one as I did the first one. Before I just wanted to prove to myself that I could do it - this time, honestly I just want to be able to keep up with my girl. She says we're in it together though!

Tomorrow I'll run just 2-3 easy miles. I've noticed that on my shorter runs, I'm definetly picking up the speed. I have to be careful though, so I don't hurt my knees. I have noticed that Pump Class is helping to strengthen my quads so my knees haven't been hurting as much.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment