Sunday, April 4, 2010

First Long Run Since Little Rock's Marathon

I'm Back!

After Easter dinner and eating WAY too many calories, AND taking a 2.5 hour nap....I decided that it was time for some 'Me" time.

I have been very tired since Little Rock's marathon. I have just been 'over' running and have seriously considered NOT doing OKC's marathon. I've still been going to the gym a lot and have even joined a yoga studio to do yoga an extra 2 times a week, after work on the weekends. I have really been wanting to do Yoga at least twice, Pump class at least once, and spin class more. So I've still been very active, but up until yesterday, I hadn't run farther than a little over 7 miles.

I had been having a few knee problems again, and I went and bought new shoes (the same kind I had 2 pairs ago). I decided to not buy the inserts that I had for them the first time around, but I ended up returning after 2 runs to spend the extra $40 to relieve the strange way my foot was feeling.

So I became proud of myself again after accomplishing a 16 mile run at a 10:52 pace. My first 'really long run' for the last month. I want to do a 10-12 mile run this Thursday and then I have an 18-19 mile scheduled for next week. I am back on track!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment