Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Experimenting & NOT Training

I've discovered something about Oklahoma. It's hot. And that makes it REALLY difficult to run.

I feel lazy, but I am getting up at 6 or 6:30AM some mornings and running. I've had a few more distractions in my life recently (NOT work related for ONCE!) that has been...distracting me, so it's not as "scheduled" as it was before. And you know what? I think I'm actually okay with it.
'Tis summer after all, right? And I'm not training for anything. I made that decision after I decided to not do the 50 mile run in a few weeks. My old roommate (previous roommate, not age-wise) thinks he's still going to attempt it, and I really want to support him, but I'm not sure I can even pace him for 10 miles of it. The farthest I've ran since the OK City's marathon is 9 miles, and that was in the beginning of May.
I decided that I didn't want to train through the heat of summer for any more marathons or any other craziness. So it's been 3-6 miles for me and yoga. I love yoga a lot - it reminds me of dancing. I'm becoming very flexible again and I can feel my legs getting stronger. I notice now when I run that I'm more graceful, extending my legs farther = running faster, which is awesome.

I'm also trying this experiment.

Note #1 - I bought a house.
Note #2 - I have 2 roommates. One is a hippy guy from CA.

So my new roommate has this..."drink". Cayenne pepper, distilled water, and Everclear. Yes, Everclear.
Take a shot of this every morning and it helps to dissolve any blockages in your system and also helps by adjusting your heart rate when it comes to exercise and exertion. I'm not sure yet if it's working. I've only been doing it for about 3 days. But it's also 'Clean Energy', and I would say that one is true, so far. Give me some more time - we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment