Friday, February 5, 2010

TRC Winter Classic - Training Run

Well....

Tuesday, February 2nd - Body Pump was accomplished - yay! That felt good and although I wanted to do the Yoga class afterwards as well, I just kind of took it easy and went on to work.

Wednesday, February 3rd - I really wanted to do 15 miles, but I decided to do the TRC Winter Classic this Sunday, and I'm springing for the 30K = 18.3 miles. So...rather than trying to do 15 Wednesday and then turn around and do 18 miles 4 days later....I did 12 miles on Wednesday with a 10:17 pace. A little slower, but honestly - I had NO energy. I went out, after procrastinating - even stripping the sheets off my bed, to avoid going and running. :-( That makes me sad, I'm not sure why I didn't want to go so badly, probably the dull, cloudy, crappy looking weather and me just being really tired.

Thursday, February 4th - Body Pump class happened this morning, and I did not attend. In fact, I slept in, did a little light stretching and went in for a massage. Done and rested.

Friday, February 5th - Got up after sleeping in again and did 2.17 miles, averaging 9:33 pace. I felt rested, which was nice. After work, I went to the gym and just wandered from machine to machine, doing pullups, rows, chest, leg extensions, tricep pulldowns, ab work, back extensions, decline pushups, chest presses....and.....yeah, full body basically!

Tomorrow I hope to run at least 4. Sunday's 'race' is just going to be a training run for me, I'm not going to try to get some amazing time, although keeping it under 10:30 is preferable, definetly. It's up at Mohawk park, so it's flat, and it'll be just 3 loops around. Starts at 9AM, and I'm hoping the weather holds out and no rain and NO SNOW! :-( We don't want that!

I'm not sure why I've been so tired this week. I'm blaming it on PMS week, which I typically do not do, but that's all I can really come up with. Work has been busy, but that's typical, although after the marathon, I did work at the salon EVERY SINGLE DAY for over 2 weeks, so that might have SOMETHING to do with it. :-( I don't really like doing that. Sleep is my friend, and so is the bath, which I miss. I haven't had an epsom salt bath since the 20 miler I did, on January 1st. We may have to revisit that Sunday night.....perhaps.....I will!

1 comment:

  1. LOL! I'm tired after just READING about your week. You have inspired me to at least walk this scoop of icecream to the sink and pop in a yoga video.

    ReplyDelete