Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Girls Kicked My Butt!

Let's see...Monday I wore my new runnings shoes. Yeah...not quite as great of a run as usual. I only ran 4 miles in about 50 minutes. So between the shoes, and honestly, me just not feeling very well....it wasn't an amazing run. Then Tuesday morning was Legs, Back, & Abs with P90X and I think I skipped that last week, since I HAVE been running more. It was a pretty good workout and although I wasn't totally spent after it, I was pretty sore later on and then this morning as well.

But THIS morning, I woke up at 4:55AM and was on the road to meet Shelley and Jeanean for a run out South. Jeanean has run multiple marathons and Shelley is training for the half marathon in November too. Shelley has been running for like 6 years and has been my constant motivator and helper in losing weight and running. They continued to push me this morning though! At one point, in the beginning, we were running about a 9:27 minute mile. I usually run about 10:15, 10:30 and I think by the time we finished the 5 miles, it was on average like 10:00 mile. So definitely much faster and farther than I would have run a few months ago!

This afternoon, I need to do Shoulders & Arms and tomorrow is Plyometrics! The diet is going fairly well, I find myself sometimes hungrier throughout the day, although not as much in the morning after I run. I know I may need to start eating a little earlier after my run because I'm very hungry by lunchtime and sometimes I tend to overeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment