Saturday, August 1, 2009

Goals For July...

So this month, my goal was to exercise 1950 minutes. I only made it to 1635, because I didn't do as much P90X this month. Last month, I did reach the 1900 minutes, but I hadn't met Chris yet, and so I know that I've been spending a lot of time with him. (Obviously, at least 250 minutes worth!)
Miles-wise, I wanted to run 38 miles, and I ran 51.3! So 13.3 past my goal! Yay!!! That's a half marathon right there! That made me feel pretty awesome. I think I really do prefer to run to doing the videos though, being outside, and I feel so accomplished when I finish. Although, I feel pretty accomplished and worn out when I finish the videos. I just didn't like doing the Kenpos, XStretch or the CardioX. I just felt like I got a better workout to go running, so that's how it started!

Today, I got up and it looked like it was going to rain, but I love running in the rain, so I headed out. I thought about La Fortune, but when it rains there, it gets really muddy, so I went to Riverside instead. The difference between the two: La Fortune is a lot hillier, Riverside is asphalt and flat unless you go across the river. Today I was scheduled to run 4.5 miles, I believe. But I actually ran about 5.5; I felt just really awesome. I drank last night for my roommate's birthday and got a little tipsy and said some not so amazingly nice things to Chris, just being a brat, so I think the running helped me kind of work it out and sort through some things. Good times good times.

Next week, I'm leaving for Tenneessee Thursday night. I will be back in town on Sunday, so I have to workout both Friday and Saturday there. I think I'll take the Plyometrics and Yoga DVDs with me, that would make the most sense, although I think we're staying in a hotel, so maybe the Kenpos one, just in case there's not a lot of room. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment