Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A Little Time To Recover...

Sunday after the marathon was pretty rough walking, along with Monday. We arrived back in Tulsa at 6AM on Tuesday morning, and I thought about going to Yoga at Gold's, but I slept in late instead.

Wednesday, January 20th - Yoga at the gym. It was kind of tough, not able to do most of my regular binding moves behind the back and was a little slower than usual. Overall, it felt pretty good, glad to get back moving and feeling strong.

Thursday, January 21st - I went again to the gym and ran 2 miles on the treadmill at an average of 11:06 pace. A little lifting and core work afterwards with some pushups!

Friday, January 22nd - Some circuit training! 10 minutes on 'glider', 10 minutes on elliptical, 20 on bike, 10 on stairstepper, and 10 back on bike! Some core and enjoyed the sweaty feeling!

Saturday, January 23rd - Just did a few pushups at the house instead of working at the gym

Sunday, January 24th - Ran 8 miles at a 10:24 pace with Shelley at 96th and Riverside. It was a little windy, but felt good, strong in the hills. I really have to focus on hill training this next month if I don't want to die on the next marathon!

Monday, January 25th - 3.23 miles at an average 9:17/mile. I did 1 mile intervals at a faster pace with .25 a little slower. I felt really good and kept my heart rate down fairly well throughout the whole workout.

Tuesday, January 26th - I had a break at work, so I went to the gym and jumped on the elliptical for 15 minutes and then rotated between machines. Shoulders, core, chest, back, triceps, biceps, quads, and calves even hit too! Not sore this evening, but we'll see tomorrow!

I'm scheduled to run at least 12 miles tomorrow and then I HAVE to go to Pump on Thursday! (Please hold up weather, with NO ice!) I'm scheduled to have a massage on Thursday afternoon at Ihloff with Alison and then work the remainder of the day. So....work hard = massage. I just have to go tear my muscles up first! And then just some more running this weekend with one more workout at the gym!

No comments:

Post a Comment