Saturday, January 16, 2010

Weekly Timing

Sunday, January 10th - 4 miles on the treadmill at the gym and a little lifting and ab work

Monday, January 11th - ran 6 miles at a 10:08 pace with my roommate and a couple other girls. It was a little slick because we went at night, but it was still fun. I was a little 'over it' though. I've just been really tired lately, not really sure why.

Tuesday, January 12th - Usually my 'off day' but I knew that since the marathon was Sunday that Saturday was going to be a driving/off day. So I went to the gym during my lunch break from work and lifted. It felt good to use the leg press machine and do lunges again. My butt hurt again the next day - but in a GOOD way. :-)

Wednesday, January 13th - 7.87 at 10:28 pace. Tad and I went out about 9:30 or so and the wind was at our backs, along with the sun and it was warm. I ended up stripping my top layer off and leaving it, until I turned around. After that point, we were running into the wind and it was REALLY quite difficult. Tad ended up having pains shoot up through his knee about 5.5 miles, so I continued on, picked up the car and drove back to get him. He just needs to rest, and hopefully everything will be set for Sunday's race.

Thursday, January 14th - I didn't feel awesome this day. I hadn't really been feeling great all week, and I went in early to work and then ended up leaving during my 3 hour break and returning later. After work,I went to the gym and just walked on the treadmill with a very steep incline for about 20 miles or a little over 2 miles. Then I went and did a little ab work and sat in the sauna. I felt like I was starting to get sick with a sinus infection and I needed all the help getting the toxins out that I could use.

Friday, January 15th - Last little run before marathon day. 2.72 miles at a 10:06 pace. It felt like an easy run, but I started out without much effort and then after I realized I was going to be running farther than 2 miles, I started slowing down. I just didn't have or want to put forth the energy to keep the pace up. I felt alright though, breathing, my nose was just running. The doctor sent me a prescription for a Z-pack, and the last pill is to be taken Sunday morning. So hopefully....hopefully it's better.

Tad, Jerry (our driver and friend), and I piled into the car on Friday night about 7PM to head for Phoenix. We're going to do the Rock & Roll Marathon there on Sunday - about 7 hours from now, I will be suited up, with my belt, new hat that says 26.2 and glided up too! My shorts aren't 'new' but they are the CORRECT size so hopefully no chaffing and I'm just hoping and praying that Tad's knee issue was because he needed new shoes. Check back for the update on how running a marathon in NEW shoes goes for the poor guy! He's been wearing them since he picked them up Friday after work, but he hasn't ran in them because he's trying to give his knee the most rest possible.
His knee, my nose...and worst of all - hotel beds and a strange atmosphere that's not home. But! It's flat and we don't REPEAT anything! There's no doubling back (Riverside is a BORE!) or copying any part of the trail. We will run in Phoenix, Scotsdale, and Mesa! And so far, I'm loving what I see here....perhaps this will be my next place.......

No comments:

Post a Comment