Friday, January 29, 2010

The Snow Will NOT Keep Me From Running!

I heard the bad weather was coming, so I made sure to get my 'long' run in before it took over.

Wednesday, January 27th - My first 'long' run since the marathon. Is it wrong that I no longer consider 12 miles a long run? *grins* It went well, 12 miles at a 10:07 pace, which I was quite happy with. I ran from my house to Brookside, up to Cherry Street, around Swan Lake, to Utica Square. I stopped in at the Ihloff Salon (my second home) and grabbed some water and spend about 5 minutes chatting and then was on my way. The run home was more difficult because I was running more INTO the wind, and this trail definitely wasn't the flattest that I've done. Up to Cherry Street is quite hilly but it's not as bad as 96t & Riverside. It was supposed to have been an 'easy' run, but I was kind of wanting to push the pace, so I'm satisfied with a 10:07.

Thursday, January 28th - I went to Pump Class FINALLY! I got there a few minutes early and warmed up on one of the 'stair' machines and had someone help me figure out what I needed for class. It was fun, although I think I probably could have done a little more weight than what I wanted. I was kind of tired after class, but I felt well. But then this morning, I really noticed that my butt was sore. Squats and lunges at work, yeah!

Friday, January 29th - The snow is here. I was scheduled to run this morning, but....that's not happening. I'm headed to the gym after working at the salon for a little 6 mile trek on the treadmill. It'll be warm, and I'll bring my book. I wonder who else is crazy enough to go right now...hopefully I'm not alone!

I'm scheduled for a 2-3 mile run tomorrow morning, but I may have to forego that one. It is pretty snowy out there and I have plans tomorrow pretty directly after work, so I may not be able to get them in at the gym. Sunday is supposed to be another 6 miles and I can do that at the gym, if necessary. Next Thursday is my next 'long run', 15 miles, so hopefully the snow is gone and melted by then!

No comments:

Post a Comment