Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Much Need Update!

Saturday, January 2nd - NOTHING. Work and then just hung out with a friend, because although I was feeling much better, I just was taking the whole day off!

Sunday, January 3rd - I guess I took 2 days off. Hm...

Monday, January 4th - I went to Gold's and ran 4 miles on the treadmill averaging 9:50 pace. Then I went to Yoga afterwards with Keri. It was a really busy class, but I sweat a lot and felt really stretched out and AWESOME afterwards.

Tuesday, January 5th - I guess I took ANOTHER day off.....Usually, I take Tuesdays off because I work from 12-9. It's a long day.

Wednesday, January 6th - Oh, yes, I took the day before a 'long' run off. Of course! Shelley and I went out and ran 16.5 miles at a 10:31 pace. It was REALLY COLD! There was a cold front coming in late Wednesday night, so we started our run about 2PM and finished about 5 or so. After that, I didn't feel good AGAIN! This time instead of bathing first, I tried to get food in me. But I could feel my energy depleting as we went farther and farther in our run. About mile 15, I knew I had calculatated wrong and we (well, me) were going to end up running farther than 16 miles. I really wanted to just walk the last .5, but instead just slowed down even more.
Afterwards, I went to Panera and immediately got a sandwich and soup and tried to get some of the sandwich down, but nothing would stay. I did get a massage and pedicure from Ihloff (work), so that helped me feel better.

Thursday, January 7th - I went to the gym in the morning. I wanted to go to spin class and pump class with Angie, but I just didn't feel awesome after the run. So instead I went and rode the bike for a while and went and did an easier lifting routine. I haven't done MY routine since before Christmas or lifted at all since Christmas vacation, so this was a good step for me.

Friday, January 8th - Gym again for the treadmill because it is just too darn cold outside! 6 miles at an average of 9:50 pace. I started to read a new book and I LOVE it, just made the miles 'fly' by. Okay, not really, but it helped to distract me from the other weird "gym goers". :-)

Saturday, January 9th - I was supposed to go....lift....but my last client wanted me to join them for dinner and the game....so I went......*frowns* I've been cheating a lot lately. Especially with lifting; I just don't want to go! I suppose I'm tired of doing it by myself and even though I AM seeing results, I just want more and faster. So this next week, my goal is to attend Pump class at least once if not twice!

That's the goal - Pump class at least once.
Also, TAPER off the running. The marathon is NEXT Sunday!!! Phoenix Rock & Roll - here we come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment