Sunday, June 28, 2009

Evil Ankle Issues

Last night I got done with work and went home, hoping to go straight into Legs and Back. No....my roomie wanted to talk. It's good though; we don't get to talk as much as we should, because we're both really busy and work a lot. (Well...I work a lot.) So it was a little later than what I had planned on when I started, but I did it, started preparing dinner in the middle (fresh green beans need some time to soften and boil!) and then finished it OF COURSE!

I got up this morning, a little sore, but not too bad, and it wasn't ungodly hot outside at 9:30AM. After the Cox guy left, then I went to La Fortune for a run. The trail is 3.2 miles, so 5K and I wanted to run it all without stopping. I usually run a mile, walk a little, run a mile, walk a little. But I have the Firecracker 5K this next Saturday and I haven't ran 3.2 miles continually since the last 5K race that I ran, over Memorial Day weekend.

So, I'm running, not really enjoying it, hot, REALLY sweaty, knowing that my music is the only thing keeping me going. And...I'm on a trail with some gravel, and I fall into a softer spot, twisting my ankle, and going D-O-W-NNNN....

I walked a little, slowly jogged the rest of the trail, and then didn't think a lot about it. But now I'm at work, and it's kind of sore and my right knee (same side) is as well. I kind of feel as though it needs to be 'popped' back in, but perhaps elevation and ice would do it some wonders too.

*sigh* I'm still supposed to do Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps. BRING IT ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment