Wednesday, November 11, 2009

3 :-('s This Time! But Dance Is Back!

Thursday, November 5th - Lifted weights in the morning.

Friday, November 6th - I wanted to get up and run in the morning but I was tired from the long day at the salon the night before and meeting a new friend. So I ran after work instead, 5 miles @ 11:10 pace. Not too bad, but I ran from work to the Creek Turnpike trail, and I'm not sure I'll do that again. There isn't a sidewalk along Memorial, so it's kind of....'trail-like' I suppose. Or just mushy grass and dodging signs and cars is a better explanation! :-( After that, I headed to the gym and worked out again. I was pretty exhausted afterwards, but dinner with a friend commanded my attention.

Saturday, November 7th - I WAS going to go the gym, but it was a friend's birthday party this evening and I knew that if I didn't take a nap, I wasn't going to make it. So I skipped. Yes, I took a full day off.

Sunday, November 8th - Alright, so now I suck. I was supposed to get up and run 10 with Shelley. She ran 10 the day before with Fleet Feet and so she wasn't running with me. So not only did I NOT run 10 in the morning, but I also did NOT run the 6 at night either. I'm not really liking this time change thing because now when I get off work at 5, it's almost too late to go running. So getting off work at 6 at Utica on Sundays, it's already pitch black! :-(

Monday, November 9th - The energy has returned! I went out for a 5 mile run on Riverside and kept it at 10:27, which I was VERY happy about! They are getting more and more of the trail completed, so I parked about 56th and Riverside and ran north to do something a little different. I wanted to do 6, but #1 I didn't have time, #2 I wasn't really sure if I could keep it at the faster pace for that long. That evening, I worked out again at the gym with weights.

Tuesday, November 10th - Joined 30 minutes of cycling class and a few pullups and ab work afterwards. Took the night off for some rest.

Wednesday, November 11th - Today! I went to Yoga class this morning and had a realization. I am NOT as good as I thought I was! :-( I remember looking at the schedule afterwards and thinking to myself, "Yes, today was a POWER Yoga class, yes it was!". It was quite difficult and she was moving through the movements quite quickly. Excellent and different workout though! I needed it! I left for a little bit, and ate some lunch, got a pedicure, and then returned to lift weights and actually did the bench press in the GUYS section today. I did the bar first, which I think is like 45 pounds (if I'm wrong, someone COMMENT AND LET ME KNOW!) then 65X12, then 75X10. The last 2 with 75 were really tough and I kind of wished that someone was spotting me. I've dropped the bar on my face when I was in high school, and I was fine, but I was very lucky that no broken nose and all my teeth were left in my mouth!

Goals for upcoming few days / week: 10 miles tomorrow, keeping it at least 11:00 and under. Weights on Friday & Saturday if I have enough energy. 2-3 easy miles on Saturday if possible. 7-8 miles Sunday morning.
Oh, YES. A new exciting thing has come about as well! I'm going to start taking dance again I believe! Hip hop, ballet, contemporary, creative, all the good times will be renewed in my life! Yeah!
dance

No comments:

Post a Comment