Monday, November 16, 2009

Run Run Runner

Thursday, November 12th - 10 miles at 10:32 pace. Good run, didn't take any water with me and started tiring about mile 8. Goal was to keep it under 10:45, so very satisfied.

Friday, November 13th - I had a really bad headache at work and just went home instead of stopping at the gym. I fell asleep about 9PM and then went to my bed about 11PM and slept until morning.

Saturday, November 14th - Woke feeling refreshed and went for a 3.5 mile run at around 11:00 minute pace I believe (?). That evening after work, I lifted at the gym, with energy even!

Sunday, November 15th - Didn't get up and go for a run in the morning, because it was raining. Instead, spent an hour on the elliptical at the gym after work. I was really REALLY yucky sweaty and did a few core exercises afterwards. It felt really good, kind of relieving to sweat like that again.

Monday, November 16th - Once again, didn't get up and go for a run. Needed to, but just tired from the previous night's workout. Work wasn't too busy, so not much energy expended there either. So after work, I did a speed workout on the treadmill at the gym. I warmed up for 1 mile at 5.5 (10:34/mile) and then intervals. Run .25 mile at 8:34/mile and then walk-jog .25 mile X 3. I then ran until it equaled 5 miles of running for the day. I sweat a LOT again. At one point, one of the personal trainers came up to talk about doing a back workout later on in the week, and mentioned how sweaty I was. :-) Good times!

Once again...I need to stop snacking late at night. I'm so bad about just eating nuts and dried fruit. It's not an UNHEALTHY snack but it's not good to eat 2 cups of that an hour or so before bedtime! Errr....my goal is to NOT gain weight back over the holidays and I need to do measurements, but so far, I have gained 2 pounds back this month. :-( Shelley tries to tell me it's muscle or water weight, and my clothes aren't any tighter, but still.
Actually, I went shopping today and was putting on a smaller size skirt. But skirts are sized a little differently than pants and my legs are probably still too big to fit into the next size down. :-( Soon, hopefully soon. Goal is just to keep under control during the holidays. That is my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment