Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Route 66 Half Marathon Accomplished!!!!


First half marathon ever!!! This is a picture of Shelley (my mentor), her husband Shannan, and I after the race. Pizza, beer, and cookies of course too!
This was pretty tough, but I'm SUPER PROUD of how well I did. The longest I had ever run remember, is 15 miles. So 13.1 is doable, I know this. I got up late, as always, and rushing out the door eating my oatmeal. Banana too right before the start line, with my water bottle on my back, some Goo secured too, along with some Glide and I'm good to go.
I started using the Goo about mile 4 and drinking about mile 5. Then it just continued on and on and on - never seeming to end. I saw Shannan on Riverside about mile 8 or so, while he was on the way back. Then I passed Shelley about mile 9 going back to the end. Tad was running the marathon (my roommate) and I saw him about mile 10 (for me).
I finished this race at 9:46 minute miles - 2:09:38 (according to my Garmin). That's faster than I did the Tulsa Run and definetly faster than I had planned. My goal was to just keep it under 10:45 or 10:30 minute miles.

Place : 990
Age Division Place: 72/138
Female Division: 455/1254
10K Time - 58:14
Place @ 10K : 1123
10 Mile Mark Time -1:39:29
Place @ 10 Mile - 1022
End time : 2:09:37
Average mile - 9:54
So my thoughts on results - I did well for a female. Not so awesome for my age group, but just my guess...but there were probably more males than females in my age group. I ran a fast 10K than I ever have before. At the 10 mile mark, that was only 3 minutes more than what I did the Tulsa Run in (9.3 miles) in. And I must have passed a lot of people, over 100 because I moved up in rank that much. And then to the end, I must have passed another 42 people to move up again. So my Garmin is a smidge off in recognizing pace averages, according to this, but it's still pretty darn close and AWESOME!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, Christa! That's such a huge accomplishment. You rock!

    ReplyDelete