Monday, November 2, 2009

Tulsa Run!

I finally accomplished something that I said I would do A YEAR ago! This last Saturday, I participated in the 2009 Tulsa Run, with 3 goals.

1. Don't stop.
2. Don't walk.
3. Have under a 10:40, or preferably a 10:30 pace.

And the results my fellow friends, family, and foes......

9.44 miles at an average pace of 10:08!

Granted, I did feel like throwing up and yes, I did a little when I passed the finish line. But I've also come to a conclusion: if I DON'T feel like vomiting at the end, that means that I did NOT push myself hard enough. So I did my best! No water stops, bathroom stops, a little vaseline touch-up at one point. I did have to strip most of my 'weather gear' off about 2 miles (gloves, long sleeved shirt).

This race was awesome though, with the exception of starting. There were SO many people lined up that it took almost 2 minutes to pass the START line and then it was just craziness with people trying to get past each other. Oh, and the HILL at 15th & Denver when you're almost finished but not QUITE there....yeah, that sucked, hardcore. Even with Turkey Mountain hill training help. Not at mile 8 after running that fast, for that long.

But I did take Friday off in preparation, and I even thought about going to the gym Saturday after work, but I was really tired, so I skipped. And...I even skipped Sunday too. I meant to get up early, didn't happen. After work, I was just starving, so a few little pushups, tricep pushups and sit ups, squats, and lunges, and I was out the door for some quesadilla at The Brook!

Monday, November 2nd - I was back on track today! I went for a 3.5 mile run at about a 10:06 pace, which is kind of from Saturday still. I was surprised at how fast I started out at, but it was probably because I was angry at the traffic on the way to my run and then just it being 'rush hour' all the cars keep me moving quickly. After that, I headed to the gym and dripped with sweat there from lifting. My shoulders feel pretty sore tonight from doing or attempting the Y-Presses and the military pushups really made my triceps hurt tonight as well. Good times, good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment