Sunday, November 29, 2009

Weekend Update

Friday, November 27th - worked out at the gym; elliptical for 50 minutes, sweat POURING off of me. I needed it though, because I ate HORRIBLY on Wednesday night, Thanksgiving dinner wtih close friends. And then of course Thanksgiving lunch and dessert too on Thursday. At least I ran both days, but STILL. Ahhh! The gym closed Thursday at 2PM, so I couldn't make it in before that with the Von Franken run and then cooking and cleaning up to go to lunch.
I made myself get on the scale that morning though, just to show myself that the eating crazy bad food was NOT good for me. And sure enough, I had gained some weight. :-( So 50 minutes on the elliptical and then an hour or so lifting and doing pushups and all the other crazy stuff I do!

Saturday, November 28th - I got up and ran 3 @ 10:26 / mile. I had a fairly busy day at work and I just wasn't full of energy afterwards, so I just went to the gym and rode the bike for about 45 minutes (11 miles) and then did a little core work.

Sunday, November 29th - Ran 8 miles @ a 10:27 pace. I ran up to Brookside and almost to Cherry Street from my house. It was a good run, the rolling hills were nice, slowed me down a little. I started losing energy about mile 5.5-6. But we pushed on through to keep it under 10:30. I wanted to go the gym tonight, but I'm kind of tired and haven't eaten a whole lot today, so I think I'm going to go home and get to bed earlier than later this evening.

Goals for the week:
Monday - run & lift after work, then Runner's World for meeting
Tuesday -OFF
Wednesday - 15-16 miles with Shelley
Thursday - quality 7-8 miles then lift directly after
Friday - elliptical & lift
Saturday - easy 2-3 miles and maybe gym, but perhaps not

Also, no eating 2 hours before bedtime. 8.5 hours of sleep EVERY SINGLE night. That's important. And I need to start drinking my protein shakes again. I haven't been drinking them, and I also haven't been losing much more weight. So perhaps for me: protein shakes = loss of weight. So I SHOULD DRINK THEM!

1 comment:

  1. I have this blog linked to RunnersWorld. Might get you a few extra hits. Looking forward to running a bit with ya.

    TZ

    ReplyDelete