Thursday, December 3, 2009

Previous Mileage Goal

I ran 92.4 miles last month. That's about 10,164 calories burned or about 3 pounds. Dangit...where are those pounds and why am I eating so much more then!!! Because I'm hungry - duh. I'm burning it and I'm hungry, so I eat.

92.4 out of 110 (previous goal) - almost there!

I set a new record for myself! Shelley and I were supposed to go out yesterday, but it was a very crappy, rainy, windy day. So we ventured out today! 16 miles for the first time ever!!! We kept a very good pace - 10:34 / mile. Shelley very much helped keep the pace up and I helped her go farther; we definitely work well as a team.

Monday, November 30th - Ran 4 miles on the treadmill about a 10:34 / mile with an incline of .5 & 1.0. Then I returned later and lifted. It was a really good workout. I'm almost through my 'heavy' phase. (14 - 8 - 6 reps) I can very much see that I'm getting stronger and able to lift much more and do many many more pushups!

Tuesday, December 1st - day off. 12 hour day at work instead.

Wednesday, December 2nd - wanted to do my long run but the weather was just not cooperating. Instead, I went to the gym and biked 10 miles and did another awesome lifting workout.

Thursday, December 3rd - See Above! 16 @ 10:34 pace!!!

My legs hurt still. We ran from 9:30 - 12:30. I had to work at 3PM at the salon until 9. I came home and took an epsom salt bath with some Active and Blue Oil mixed it. I think it helped a little, although I could really use a massage just to move the lactic acid and muscle around. I think that standing after at work is a good thing, so I can't sit and just become worse, but at the same time, when I'm super busy, I don't get to eat. :-( And after burning over 2,000 calories, I need FOOD! And not at 10PM at night!

Tomorrow I might try to go run 2 or 3 miles; we'll see how I feel. Gym workout afterwards with a personal trainer to do Back. I had a guy tell me that he thought my back was the strongest muscle on my body, but I never really feel as though I'm working it out right. It gets a little sore, but I'm not sure if it's from lifting or just working at the salon and poor posture. So...we'll do it right, with INSTRUCTION for once! I'm super excited, hopefully I can still put my arms up to do hair on Saturday afterwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment