Monday, December 14, 2009

Setback...But NOT Failure!

So the 18 miles didn't happen. :-(

Shelley bailed - well, sick kid prevailed. And so Tad and I went out on our own along Riverside, but neither of us had the 3 hours to dedicate to running the full 18 miles because we had to be at work at 3. (We didn't start until 11AM to figure out the weather and partnering situation.)

I wore my new shoes that I had just gotten as well. Honestly, perhaps not the best idea. The kid said that whenever he buys a new pair, he goes out and runs a half marathon. Well, the first 5 miles were a little rough and then I still had 5 more to go! Tad and I ended up doing 10 miles at a 10:47 pace, which isn't too bad for a slower run, with new shoes and pretty chilly weather. I hadn't been feeling as strong as what I usually feel. I'm not sure if it was from the 2 miles on the treadmill the day before, the yoga, or the lifting workout but I was a little worn out.

So that was Thursday before work.

Friday, December 11th - I was still worn out and so I made myself go the gym. I told myself, just a little cardio and you can return home. So I sat on the bike and rolled though 10 miles and about 300 calories and then retired for the evening.

Saturday, December 12th - Once again, wasn't feeling super full of energy, and I had a holiday party to attend that evening. Part of me wanted to go home and take a nap, but part of me hoped that running would give me some energy. So I went to and ran on the treadmill - 6 @ 10:05 pace. It was pretty good, read Runners World while I was at it. I can't just run on the treadmill at the gym without some sort of reading material, unless I'm in the cardio room. It's just much MUCH too boring. The guys aren't that hot to look at, and I know that I look kind of scary how much I sweat (especially for a girl)!

Sunday, December 13th - BEAUTIFUL day outside, and I really wanted to go run...but I knew they were closing the gym at 6PM, and since I don't get off work until then....I knew that I would have to go before if I wanted to lift. So did that and felt really good, strong. But then after work, it got chilly and windy. :-( So I just had dinner and cleaned the house instead.

Monday, December 14th - Going to bed DOES pay off. I got up bright and early and headed out and did kind of a 'tempo' (?) run. 7 miles total, averaging 10:00 / mile. I would run a mile around 10:00 and under and then for .25 I would bring it down to about 10:20-10:30 (or try to). I did that and kind of shocked myself with how well I did with being able to stay up to speed. I was quite proud of myself!

So....tomorrow will be a lifting day and hopefully Tad and I (NO), we WILL make it out on Wednesday, it's supposed to be around 50 degrees. And we'll complete our 18 mile run! We WILL DO IT! And then just rest the remainder of the day for me, and possibly start back to the gym on Thursday or Friday with lifting.

I do need to start doing something with food though. This month, I haven't really lost any more weight. I of course, want to lose a little bit more, to get down to my high school weight, which is about 10 more pounds. It took me about 6 months to lose 20, so I know it will take another few to lose the last 10. Those are the hardest anyways, I think. 10 more pounds OR one more size and I would be happy. I did say though, that my REAL realistic goal for the holidays, was to just not gain any weight back, and so far, I seem to be doing alright with that. But I probably should go back to counting calories in - calories out and trying to maintain that. Because since I run now, I'm just like - "Oh, I can eat that, I ran. Or I'll run tomorrow. Or I'm going to run 18 Wednesday, no big deal." But it IS a big deal, they're still calories and they are keeping me from how I want to look. Granted, I feel SO much better now than what I did a year ago or even 2 years ago, but I want to feel how I felt 5 years ago and be THAT confident. And honestly, probably even more so, because I don't know very many 23 year old woman that are still their high school size and can go out and run 16 miles or are training for a marathon. But I am that woman and hear me ROAR!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment