Thursday, December 24, 2009

Holidays Are Taking A Toll....

And I'm NOT liking it! Weather, holidays, food, time, stress....AHHH! I kind of feel as though I'm making excuses, but I know that I'm being honest with myself too. Let's back up -

Friday, December 18th - 3 miles on the treadmill after work. Good and then lifteda little too. I felt strong, but have just been bored, once again with my current routine.

Saturday, December 19th - got up at 6AM and went and ran 6 miles (10:14/mile) with my girl Shelley. I got to catch up with her since she'd been gone on vacation the week before. I remember reading in Runners World about how you should try to put runs with your social group, but I remember thinking that I could never do that because none of my friends run - EXCEPT SHELLEY! But she's totally my girl, so I love chatting with her during our hour, 6 miles.

Sunday, December 20th - I didn't have a super busy day at work, so I went in a little later and went to the gym before hand. My roommate and I were having a holiday party at our house after work, so I knew that there would be no time then! So I went before, and I remember having another girl notice how 'correct' and 'well' I did pushups! That surprised me, but made me pretty proud. I can do about 23-25 now in one set (a little rest, but still in the position).

Monday, December 21st - My roommate and I went and joined a group after work. They were only running 4 miles, and we both wanted to run farther, but we went along. It was quite a bit faster than what I usually run and Tad stayed at the front of the group, and I at the back. We did 4.05 at a 9:57 pace (for me). I was pretty sore afterwards.

Tuesday, December 22nd - I worked 10:45AM - 9:30PM that night because it was my final night before leaving for vacation to Iowa. So...no workout. Just work.

Wednesday, December 23rd - Plane time at 5AM! I DID make it to the gym though and got 3.75 miles in on the treadmill while my mother ran to Wal-Mart. It probably averaged about 10:15 or so.

Thursday, December 24th - I meant to get up and go to the gym, but it closed at 12PM. I had to do the family's hair before the salon closed as well and it is much too cold and wet up here to run outside in my brand NEW shoes! So tomorrow, I want to get up and do Yoga and then hopefully after lunch do my P90X Plyometrics. I brought the DVDs with me, in case I couldn't make it to the gym, and of course, the gym is CLOSED all DAY tomorrow!

Goal: PLEASE DON'T GAIN WEIGHT WHILE YOU'RE HOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment