Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Just Keeps Going & Going & Going....

Friday, December 4th - Day OFF after the 16 mile run.

Saturday, December 5th - 3 miles on the treadmill @ about a 10:40 pace. Then I did my lifting workout. That night, I went out 2-stepping with a friend. My legs were a little sore afterwards, just from having to move in a different way.

Sunday, December 6th - 8 miles after work at a 10:27 pace. I ran from Utica Square around midtown, TU, Cherry Street and back. It was a little chilly and my iPod died about 4.5 miles into it but it really wasn't too bad.

Monday, December 7th - I took a lunch at work and went and lifted at the gym. I've been finding it a nice change when I'm not busy at Ihloff to go lift/run at Gold's, right down the road. I'm really glad now that I decided to get my membership so close. I go and work out, shower and then come back to work and a good deal of time has passed that I wasn't busy, and I still feel accomplished. After work, I went to 21st & Riverside and had wanted to run with a group from Runner's World, but they were having a leaders meeting, so I ran along Riverside by myself. I ran a 4.41 mile run at a 9:51 pace. I don't think I've ever ran that pace, not by myself anyways. It was REALLY REALLY cold though, so I was just trying to get it done and over with. Brrr!!!!

Tuesday, December 8th - Day off again. I usually work at Ihloff from 12-9, so sleeping in is always nice.

Wednesday, December 9th - "Day off" from Ihloff. I went to Yoga class at Gold's to start with. I never want to go to the class, but afterwards, I always feel so much better, so accomplished and STRETCHED OUT. I really enjoy that she makes modifications for people that are more novice or advanced. I wish I could have someone to consistently remind me to stand up straight, shoulders back, DON'T wear high heels, and keep calm and having little or no stress in my life. After class, I ran 2 miles on the treadmill. After lunch, I returned and did some lifting.

Right now, I'm lifting 3-4 days a week. Last round I was doing 14-8-6. This round is 12-10-8. I am getting a little bored with the same exercises. I used to isolate each part (back, arms, shoulders, etc.), but now I do more of circuit training workout. I jump back and forth to give the muscle time to rest, without actually resting and wasting time.

Tomorrow I'm supposed to go out and run 18 miles. I'm definitely more than a little intimidated. Shelley said she may only be able to run 6; she doesn't know for sure. Tad (my roommate) wants to go too, but we have to all be at work at 3PM. It's like 3 hours of running we're going to be doing, and then having to work a full schedule after that at Ihloff, will be interesting. I did it last week, but that was 16 and it wasn't as cold outside.

1 comment:

  1. I'm running around 8 at 5:30 pm. If you were running part of your run then, I'd try to keep up.

    ReplyDelete