Thursday, December 17, 2009

And Now....We Bring You A New PR!!!

Tuesday, December 15th - My long LONG day at work. So - I took the day off. I was busy at work and so when I got home. I just snacked a little bit and then headed to bed about 11PM.

Wednesday, December 16th - I woke up bright and early with my alarm at 8AM. Tad and I had talked about starting the run about 8:30/9:00AM. So I got up and ate oatmeal and had my hot tea. I was bundled up and ready to start the 18 mile run that we said we were going to accomplish last week! I had Tad follow me down to the 21st street bridge and I parked there. Then I joined him and we drove down to 55th and Riverside to start. We ran North, passing my car, and then up past SW Blvd bridge and continued on to the outskirts of Sand Springs. Mile 9 didn't seem to come fast enough, and after we turned around 10, 11, and 12 seemed to happen without too much interruption. The Goo pack was definitely out, along with the water bottle too. I kept thinking that we were almost to my car, and that we would stop for a moment, because Tad wanted to get his water bottle and we were going to take off our gloves and sweatshirts. So that was a VERY short break. The next 3.5 miles were LONG LONG LONG though. About mile 16, 16.5, I had to keep telling myself that I could do this, that it wasn't this bad. And I started thinking about all the mean things that people have told me before, about how I can't do something, or that I'm the 'biggest girl I've ever dated' or how I don't want to be fat anymore. About 17, 17.5 I started going a little faster just because I really wanted it to be over. I didn't want to run anymore, I was done done DONE! I finished and could barely walk. But I did make it to the restroom and then just kind of sat against the brick wall while Tad got his water.
*sigh* That was hard. I felt like crying after we were finished.

So - 18 miles with an average pace of 10:40. Not bad. Only 8.2 more to go to do a marathon! *sigh* That's so long....and so far.....

Today is Thursday, and I probably COULD have gone and lifted at the gym. But...I'm not. We're going to rest again and go tomorrow after work. If I don't run before (just an easy 2-3 miles) then I will run tomorrow after work and then lift again.

I go home to Iowa next week, leaving Wednesday, so I'm not sure exactly how that will affect my running schedule, but I'm sure it will through a cramp in it here and there! Wish me luck!

~Christa

No comments:

Post a Comment