Friday, October 30, 2009

New Lifting Workout & Still Running!

Monday, October 26th - New Upper Body Workout! I put all my P90X exercises together and everything else that I've learned and divided it into about 8 upper body exercises and then added 1 or 2 legs exercises at the end and beginning of each one. It divided up into 5 days, with only about 60-70 minutes of lifting instead of the 90+. It has been a LOT easier to get through this past week by changing that! So day #1 today! I took a girl from work with me, and she wasn't TOO sore the following day, but I think she enjoyed it!

Tuesday, October 27th - I went out for a 3 mile run. I ended up being warmed up at 3, so continued on for 5 miles at a 11:11 / mile. I felt really good at the end. After that, I headed to the gym for Arms #2!

Wednesday, October 28th - Gold's has a Yoga class at 10AM, so not too early for my day off! I attended this and Keri is an AWESOME teacher. She knows how to push the more advanced students in her class (me actually!) and gives everyone options for where they're at. After this, I rode the bike for about 30 minutes. I thought that was going to be it for the day, because I was hungry and had some errands to run. But I ended up going shopping, eating a bite, and coming back and doing Arms #3! I was REALLY sore Thursday from the Yoga and possibly the new Ab exercises that I tried.

Thursday, October 29th - I didn't make it to the gym BEFORE work, so I headed there after for intervals on the treadmill. I believe last time I did 6 X 400 at 7.0 on the treadmill (8:34 / mile). I THINK that's what I did, because I failed at what I tried to do this time. I started out and got 2.5 laps at (2X400 and 1X200) at a 7.5 (8:00 mile). I just couldn't keep it up, either because I was so busy at work and I hadn't eaten much or my legs and knee hurt so much, or I was just being a wuss, not really sure. But I continued, and just slowed it down. So I added 3X400 at 7.0 (8:34 / mile) and then walked to get to 3 miles even. My left knee hurt quite a bit after this, but I had run out of the Tramadol the doctor has prescribed and not had time to pick any more up. I swam a couple laps after this and then sat in the hot tub. I had promised myself while I was still at work that if I went and did intervals, that I could sit in the hot tub, so that was my reward.

Friday, October 30th - Day off! Tomorrow is the Tulsa Run, and speaking of which, I need to get some sleep for my 9.3 mile race!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment