Thursday, October 8, 2009

Time Out

Wow...after the Zoo Run I was a little bit LOT sore. I'm usually sore after running so much, but the schedule has had to be modified a bit.

Sunday, October 4th (1st day after race) - Biked about 20 minutes, sat in sauna, did about 2/3 of Chest, Shoulders, & Triceps workout; was pretty exhausted and shaky, probably because of the sauna.

Monday, October 5th (2nd day after) - did not feel well at all. Slept in and did not run in the morning. I told myself that I would try to run after work, after the Creative team meeting, but it was raining and I was just exhausted. So...a little gym time just sitting in the hot tub. This is the first day that I don't remember not working out at all.

Tuesday, October 6th (3rd day after) - still did not feel amazing, but told myself that I was going to go for a 6 mile run, twice around La Fortune. I made it once around and it was NOT a good run. It was quite slow and very painful. I went and finished the previous Chest, Shoulders, & Triceps routine. Then after work, I went to swim and sit in the hot tub.

Wednesday, October 7th (4th day after) I should have been fine by this day, but I came down with a stomach bug and was sick Tuesday night. So...I just kind of took care of myself this day. I was scheduled to do my long run this day, but I knew that after waking up in the middle of the night, being sick, and not getting enough sleep, that 11 miles was just not going to happen. I also went to the doctor, not because I was sick but because of how badly my legs have been hurting. I've been taking IBProfen or Naproxen, and usually 6-8 pills a day. Taking that many pills kind of scares me and I'm not really okay with that. The doctor tried to talk me out of running, telling me my body wasn't made for running and perhaps something less high-impact would be better. I told him that wasn't an option, because I had goals to achieve.

This all started out with me wanting to lose weight, but now, I've set a goal and I will finish at least a half marathon, and hopefully a marathon next year too! We'll just have to be a little more careful with training and taking the time to rest, ice, and elevate my legs. I'm trying, but I know that sometimes I don't listen to my body and just go by what my schedule reads.

Today I'm going to just ride the bike at home for a little bit, and then tomorrow morning, we're going to try running again, just 5 miles. And if it goes well, then after work, perhaps another 2-4 miles. Saturday I would like to run 3 miles in the morning and then after just some circuit training and swimming. Sunday is my scheduled long run, and we'll see how strong I'm feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment