Friday, October 2, 2009

September's Goals

2240 out of 1900 minutes exercised.

83 out of 130 miles ran.

I think the gym has been a very good thing for me to start going to. I really am enjoying the cycling class that Angie puts on Tuesdays and Thursdays. She's SO full of energy and just loud craziness, that it's hard to not push it and burn some calories!

And the mileage....not as much as I wanted, but that's alright. I have now ran almost 11 miles and that's definitely an accomplishment that I didn't see happening a few months ago. I really think I'm ready for the Tulsa Run - mileage wise, now just need to speed it up a bit.

I've figured out that pain pills do help to take some of the inflammation, but resting is necessary as well. I've started, at night, putting my feet up and icing my knee. Rest, Ice, Compression, and....Elevation! I actually thought it was ICE - forget the Rest part of it! So I'm not trying to run everyday now, and incorportating some hill work, some speedwork and cross training to give my legs a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment