Thursday, October 15, 2009

Pick A Number Between 1 & 15....

12 is the number!!! That's my high mileage now for running!!!

And the update:

Thursday, October 8th - just cycled at home for a little bit.

Friday, October 9th - Ran 3 miles, with an average pace of 10:48, feeling MUCH better. That evening, I started a 'new workout'. I had an older guy at the gym approach me and talk to me about not doing P90X because it isolates the muscles more than what I would really want. He said to start my workout by doing the larger muscles and working down to the smaller ones, and doing it in a 'pyramid style'. So...I'm trying it. I've separated the Arm exercises into 2 days and 1 day of Legs. The Arms workout is 14-12-10-12. The legs is 14-12-10. This day when I did the arm workout this new way, my arms were SO SORE afterwards. I was complaining all night long. :-(

Saturday, October 10th - 12 miles with 11:22 average pace. A little slower, yes, but I am quite happy with it. The first 7, 8, and even 9 miles were fairly good. But after mile 10, I just had to keep telling myself that I could eat ANYTHING I wanted after I was done. Chocolate cake, cookie from the coffee shop, ANYTHING. I got through it and truly just wanted to pass out afterwards. Because I did this run AFTER working a full day at the salon! I know...crazy chic. Oh, and yeah, what DID I get to eat? I went to Senor Tequilas and got a shrimp taco salad, ate half and was so tired, took the rest home and passed out.

Sunday, October 11th - I was pretty tired and sore from the previous run, but I did ride my bike at home and honestly...just kind of danced around the house. Oh, I forgot to mention...I did go to the doctor the previous Wednesday. He kind of argued with me back and forth about running at all, telling me that I have a different body type and all this really nice stuff that I didn't want to hear. I came here for some pain pills, please give them to me, and thank you. I don't want to abuse them; I want to be able to walk down the damn stairs! He prescribed Tramodal for me, and I have to say...I have a new best friend. I didn't realize but one of the 'side uses' for this is to help with anxiety. I didn't KNOW what anxiety was until I started to take it and then realized how much calmer and less stressed I felt. I finally don't feel depressed, stressed, anxious, worried, or in pain! I feel like a kid again, and I LOVE it!

Monday, October 12th - The new LEGS workout! Kicked my butt! And yes, my butt hurt too afterwards.

Tuesday, October 13th - Ran with my girl Shelly at Turkey Mountain. We ran 5.57 miles and did hill work, with an average of 11:02/mile.

Wednesday, October 14th - Crazy girl day! I went to Power Yoga at Gold's from 10-11AM. Then I did my Arms workout from 11-12:30PM. Then...a little shopping and came back and did Zumba from 5:30-6:30PM. So...about 3-4 hours at the gym today. A little...different, yes. I know, I have no life, but please don't judge! I was a little apprehensive about the Zumba class though, because I've done Zumba before and not really enjoyed it or thought that it was a good workout. I could tell yesterday that I was working, because I was sweating, but at the end of class, I did kind of think of it as a waste. Let me tell you something - MY HIPS, BUTT, OBLIQUES, ABS, CALVES, everything hurt today! Granted, it could be from Yoga as well, but AMAZING!!! Love it! I know all that hip and booty shaking is good for something!

Thursday, October 15th - Honestly....I stayed up way too late last night and was really tired this morning, so I didn't get up for my run or cycling class. And then I had a super SUPER busy night at work and didn't leave until after 9PM. So...nothing but a little stretching in bed while on the laptop and yes, while eating popcorn. Healthy snack! Tomorrow morning, I'm going to get up and go for a run before work and then work out after work...Arms tomorrow. Yes, Arms #1. (They're numbered #1 & #2 because of so many different things to do.)

Still making progress and still having fun! Tulsa Run is approaching as well and we've got it under control!

No comments:

Post a Comment