Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Time To Measure Up!

One month since the previous measuring day and the results are very motivating!

Weight - lost 6.2 pounds
BMI - remained the same
Chest - +.75 (not a BAD area I suppose to remain 'larger')
Wasit - remained the same
Lower waist - lost .75"
Hips - lost 1.25" YAY!!!
Upper arms - lost .75"
Forearms - remained the same
Thighs - lost .5"-1"
Calf - +.5"

So...I knew that my clothes have been fitting much better, and I've finally taken the time to go clothes shopping and am buying a smaller size too! The same size that I used to wear when I lived in Iowa, which makes me VERY happy. I am about 12 pounds away from the weight that I was when I left high school.

Looking over my measurements, I can definitely tell that the gym has helped me become stronger. Muscle does burn more calories and my hands are showing the difference too! :-( I have to go get some gloves because I still want girly hands, not ones with calluses on them from lifting.

I have made a new friend as well. I've been going to Gold's gym for about 2 months or so now, and I have met a personal trainer who is helping learn new things about nutrition, timing, and better ways to weight train. I have decided to discontinue P90X for right now and try a pyramid sequence of lifting, at least until Jeff teaches me differently. I'm also going to try to follow the 'diet' that he has talked to me about.
He says to eat carbs during the day, not within 3 or 4 hours of bedtime. And, to stop eating at least 1 hour before bed as well. This is the one area that I'm not very good at; I like to snack at night. Especially dried fruit, little protein bars, celery, apples, oranges, and peanut butter, nuts.....lots of snack food. So...vegetables only after about 9PM. We're going to try it, and see what the result is. If it doesn't work and help me lose more weight, then I suppose I can go back to snacking but at least trying it first would be beneficial.

No comments:

Post a Comment