Sunday, October 4, 2009

Tulsa Zoo Run 10K 2009

What a beautiful day for a race! Perfect weather, a little sun, a fairly flat race course....gorgeous. I do have to admit though, I was a little disappointed when I found out that we weren't running through the zoo itself though.

The run went very well though; I started a little fast and then fell into a 10:08 pace behind some guy in black shorts and grey shirt, until he stopped at a water station. Then about 4K, I found some other girl to watch and continue behind. Around 5K-6K, it started getting a little hilly, not huge hills, just slow inclines. Marilyn Manson started blaring in my ears and my Turkey Mountain running kicked in too. I just kind of ZOOMED past everyone at that point, even with a few miles left to go. I started to slip a little at the very end, because they posted signs about the 100 yards left and 50 yards left and it was quite 'turny and hilly' there.

I finished a little over 1:02, so shaving off not quite a minute from my previous time! :-) When was the Heart & Sole Race....I want to say August, so about 6 weeks ago or so. I felt a lot stronger today, for sure and not quite as sick when I was finished as last time. Improvements, improvements! Tulsa Run, 15K on Halloween this month!!! We'll be ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment