Sunday, September 27, 2009

Up & Up The Mileage Goes!

Wednesday, September 23rd - Turkey Mountain and Hill Work! 6.37 miles with a 10:56 / mile pace. That's really a little inaccurate for pacing because running up the hills was MUCH slower than running down them. But I suppose for a median, that's probably good. This time running there was MUCH easier than last time.
That evening Back & Biceps was accommplished at the gym! I do hate having to 'fight' with the guys to use the pullup machine though. When they just sit or hang on it...that's annoying.

Thursday, September 24th - 6 miles around TU's campus this morning. It was a little chilly out. No, it was fairly cold out. I had only worn a tanktop because you know, running produces sweat. I could see my breath when I started out at 6:30AM and I felt a little silly running like that, but oh well. I've never run up here before, but with my new trusty Garmin, no math is required while exerting so much physical energy! I don't know if I really enjoyed this run, because the campus is so....not 'straight'? And because I didn't really know where I was going or have a path to follow, it was a little more difficult. 6 miles with a 11:15 / mile pace.

Friday, September 25th - Long run day. I was supposed to get up in the morning and run, but I was just too exhausted from everything, work, running, boys, friends, reading. So I ran after work down by the Creek Turnpike out south. I was really trying to psych myself up because I really did NOT want to go. I was scheduled for a 110 minute 'Easy run'. The first 3 miles were pretty bad. I wanted to walk, I wanted to just go back to my car, I didn't want to do it. After the 3 mile point, I don't know, I just settled in. I had never ran this before either, but I just ran for an hour and then turned around. I got really excited because at the turning point, I had run over 5 miles, which meant....halfway....I was going to run at least 10 miles that day! That got me REALLY excited and miles 6 and 7 went by pretty well. About mile 7, I started....slipping a little I suppose. I put a cinnamon disc candy in, and then continued on. I started to get a little uncertain about 7:45 though. It had started to get dark, and the lights out there are not the brightest, and I was worried that I wasn't going the right way (although the path only goes one way silly girl), and that I was going to pass my car, and I could no longer see my watch. I made it though, obviously with...10.88 miles with 11:10 mile pace! Super exciting!
That means I can do the Tulsa Run with over a month to spare in training! Part of me wants to go ahead and set a goal for mileage, pace, and time...but we'll just wait. We'll see how I progress.

Saturday, September 26th - I was supposed to get up and do Yoga. Ha, didn't happen. I went to the gym that night and was supposed to do Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps...yeah, nope either. I did Yoga. :-) Easy relaxing, stretching day after a CRAZY Ihloff Saturday Spectacular!

Sunday, September 27th - I was SUPPOSED to get up and run 8 miles. I got up and...made breakfast and now am here. :-) I will run after work, although I pushed yesterday's strength training until then....that's alright. Maybe....later in the week we'll do that. I'm sure it will get accomplished as well.

Eating has been a little better, although if I stay up too late with friends and guys, then I tend to allow myself to indulge, by thinking that, oh, I ran 11 miles today or 6 or whatever. I probably need to NOT do that. That would be beneficial. And going to bed earlier would help the body repair and for me to not be so extremely exhausted and be able to complete my workouts when I need to, on schedule!

No comments:

Post a Comment