Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Goals Accomplished For August

I had wanted to exercise 2000 minutes, but I believe I only made it to about 1700.

I wanted to run 73 miles and I believe I made it to at least 92 miles! So almost an extra 20 miles...more than a half marathon but not quite a full...yet!

It's pretty amazing to me, that my first race, my first 5K, 3.1 miles, was in May. And last Sunday, August 30th, I ran 7.7 miles. I ran for 86 minutes. OMG. When I first thought about running, 10 minutes sounded crazy. And now....I finished my first 5K and plus, my first 10K.

This month, I have the Susan Komen's Race for the Cure, Saturday September 19th. I believe that's the only race this month. I would like to complete it....in under 30 minutes. That's my goal. It's high, shaving off at least 2 minutes off my July time, but we should be able to make it. It's still 18 days away!

October brings the Zoo 10K, the Tulsa Run (15K) and then the Route 66 half marathon in November. We'll have to relook at the calendar from then on and keep choosing new and exciting races!

No comments:

Post a Comment