Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Since The Last Time...

Just keeps getting better and better! And a little farther, a little faster each time! :-) Almost everyone is noticing the difference in my appearance and I'm a little perturbed when I open my closet, because almost all of my clothes are getting too big. I don't want to go buy pants yet though, because if I get smaller, then I'll just have to purchase them again. And the tops, we're adding to that a few every couple of weeks. Updating and 'downsizing'. Good times, but shoe shopping doesn't change, thankfully!

Tuesday, August 25th - Just a little Yoga. I was pretty tired that day I believe.

Wednesday August 26th - CRAZY GIRL DAY! I ran 5 miles with the girls at 6AM and then went home, ate a light breakfast and then biked Turkey Mountain and Riverside...so I biked 15 miles. Add a 400M swim to that and we have ourselves a sprint triathalon! (Next year!)

Thursday, August 27th - P90X Shoulders & Arms

Friday, August 28th - A little yoga in the morning and then my first 10K race ever! I did the Heart & Sole Nordam race that evening. My PR for my 5K was 32:00, so I had hoped to finish....at least double that (my reasoning) = 64 minutes. And because it was farther, I figured I would run a little slower, so my goal was to finish under 66:30. I crossed the finish line at 1:03:?? I was pretty darn proud! I finished in less than the 5K doubled would have been, so that made me VERY happy! I was really tired when I finished though. The race was at 7:30PM and I ate around....5, thinking that was late/early enough. I probably just didn't eat enough at that point, just a little 100 calorie protein bar and a piece of fruit. Perhaps more substantial food next time if an evening race over 3.1 miles.

Saturday, August 29th - Just P90X Core, and unfortunately only 1/2 of it. I broke the black resistance band. Had to buy some 10 lb and 15 lb dumbbells.

Sunday, August 30th - Ran 7.7 miles in about 86 minutes that morning. This was not a pleasant run. I was still fairly sore from Friday evening, only having about 36 hours recovery and I don't think I was quite ready to run that far. Before that, my longest "EZ Slow Run" was at 65 minutes, so me trying to do almost 8 miles in my 11 minute pace....probably wasn't a super intelligent idea. I did finish though, with the help of my cinnamon disc around mile 5, without walking or taking a water break. It was extremely difficult and I was exhausted the rest of the day. I did a little Yoga later on just to help stretch out. I haven't been actually putting the P90X video in for the yoga anymore, just doing random poses and more stretching. It seems to be working though.

Monday, August 31st - Woke up a little late but did 1/2 of the Legs & Back workout. Once again....really?! What was I thinking? I just ran a 10K Race, then almost 8 miles...and now I'm going to strength train my legs....I need to plan this better. That evening, I joined in for some sand volleyball at one of the college campuses. I didn't realize how hard it was to run in sand! My forearms were pretty sore from hitting the ball as well, but it was fun!

Tuesday, September 1st - 5 Mile run this morning with Shelley and Amber Lynn. I told her that we should start off slow and we did. I think a little slow for her liking, but I was just worn out and tired from the previous craziness. We started about 10:30 - 11:12 - 10:15. But the last two miles we picked it up to about a 9:48, averaging about a 10:17 I think she said. Good times. Then a little Shoulders, Chest, Triceps (once again, about 1/2 the workout) finished it off.

I am really noticing the difference and the scale finally dipped back down under that **0 number again, which was exciting. I've gone under twice now...so hopefully we can consistently keep it from floating about that 0 again! Weigh in tomorrow! And Plyometrics, maybe. Hopefully, we should be able to handle it. Or perhaps, I can convince Christopher to go to the gym with me and we can go SWIMMING! I haven't done that in forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment