Sunday, September 13, 2009

Another Week Gone By...

Saturday, September 5th - worked at the salon and then went to the gym. I basically did a little 'circuit' training workout going from the bike to the stairstepper to the other strange machines that make you feel like a little rat in a cage. :-) I basically was just curious because I had not tried most of these before and wanted to know what they did and what muscles they worked without being too high of impact on my knees. Then a little swimming and sauna time.

Sunday, September 6th - I didn't awaken early like I had wanted, so instead I ran after work. I was scheduled for a 90 minute run and I would LOVE to tell you how far I ran, but...I can't seem to find anything on the Net about it and so...I'll just have to tell you after I get the Garmin 305 watch that I ordered and should be here by Wednesday!!! :-) I went to Riverside and from 41st Street, I went north and then east on the pedestrian bridge and ran until it took me the time that I needed to go and/or to 4th & Peoria's park, I believe it's called Centennial park. This was not a fast run by any means, just slow, and listened to my Playaway.

Monday, September 7th - Labor Day! No work, so instead, I decided to try and take a class at Gold's. I attended the Pilates class, but unfortunately, I could have gotten a better 45 minute workout if I had just done it by myself. I picked up a few new moves, but nothing too exciting or heart thumping. After that, my friend Laura was there, so we biked 6 miles in about 30 minutes and just chatted away. I came back later and completed the P90X Chest & Back at the gym, which was fairly difficult.

Tuesday, September 8th - Oh yes. Hill work running day. I didn't wake up too early, so by the time I got to Turkey Mountain, it had already started to warm up a little. Although, one of the girls at work had kind of 'warned me' about going there alone. "Homeless people are there and you just shouldn't go by yourself." She freaked me out a little to carry Mace, but not enough to take another person with me. I parked around 71st and east of Peoria. I ran up the hill a little to get to the park and then began my downhill path. Downhill at first, I suppose to warm up. But I ran...probably 1 - 1.5 miles to and then turned around and ran back, up the hills. And then did it all again! So I probably ran about 5 miles altogether, but at least....7 - 10 hills, both big and small. Good times, was out there for about an hour and dripping sweat when I left.

Wednesday, September 9th - The hills took a lot out of me, so I just did about 40 minutes of Yoga and biked 7.5 miles today.

Thursday, September 10th - I was supposed to get up and run with Shelley this morning at 6AM, but I had kind of rough night before and it was raining and lightening early this morning. So I ran about 9AM, after it calmed down a little. 6 miles at Riverside at a fairly fast pace. I believe I completed it in right around an hour. I was pretty sore this day and limping around work a little.

Friday, September 11th - Legs & Back at the gym. This is the first time I've done this workout at the gym and the first time I've done it in a while, PERIOD. Because I've been running so much, my legs are constantly sore and I try to let them rest...a little. (? 24 hour periods) It was an alright workout, possibly would have been better at home, because even though I don't want to pay attention to the people at the gym, I am a woman working out in the guys section of the gym for this workout because that's where the pull-up machine is for the Back part of this workout. So...I can't hide as well.

Saturday, September 12th - My legs were very sore when I awoke this morning, but I had told some people from work that I would be at La Fortune at 6:30AM to run, so I had to go. I ended up being the only one there BUT...I went ahead and ran. (No reason to turn around then; that would just be dumb.) Of course, the first mile or two was pretty difficult. My legs and knees hurt from the previous day's workout and they were extremely tender. I decided that I wasn't going to run 6 miles, just one loop (3.1), but about mile 2.5, I decided I would turn around when I got to the end and run back .5 mile and then finish, equally about 4.1 miles. So not the best or fastest run, but I think that it definitely loosened up my legs enough to make it through the busy day at work. And then AFTER work, I headed back up the gym to work on Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps, P90X style. This workout has like 24 different movements, and combining push ups with shoulder exercises is always tough. But we did it, even with the dumbbells pushing me a little more than usual.

Sunday, September 13th - After working out twice yesterday, I went out with some friends and didn't get a lot of sleep. So...today was supposed to be a long run, but I had to be at work at 12PM and I didn't even roll out of bed until 11AM, so...that wasn't happening. I had a Philosophy lecture after work around 7:30PM, so still not enough time to run for 100 minutes and then have time to get ready. I was really tired though, from not sleeping a lot and from working, so a few core exercises at home was all I got accomplished today.

Monday I need to accomplish a 100 minute run, before work. After work, Back & Biceps.
Tuesday/Thursday, I would like to run with the girls out south for a 'fast' 5 or 6 mile trek. Whichever day not with them, 7 miles at Riverside, hopefully. I REALLY want to do the P90X Plyometric workout this week, Wednesday probably. I haven't done that in 3-4 weeks and it's a really great workout, done at home, with your 'garbage can' right beside you because you can't eat for AT LEAST AN HOUR before! :-) I want to double up on Wednesday and do Shoulders & Arms too at the gym. Friday morning, just some Yoga and then take Friday night off to go to a party with my girlfriend, and then Saturday morning is the Susan Komen's Race for the Cure 5K!!! I want to get under 30 minutes for this race and by then I should have my Garmin to help make sure I accomplish it!

No comments:

Post a Comment