Saturday, September 5, 2009

Actually Going To A Gym Again!

Workout update:

Wednesday, September 3rd - went to Gold's Gym with a week pass that Christopher had given me. I had a goal to run 3 miles at a 9:00 mile pace. Well...that was pretty hard, and I finished 3 miles before...27:45 I think. So it was a little under. The 5K I have this month, I want to finish in under 30 minutes, so we'll see if I can do it. 27:45 plus another .2 miles should not be a problem, but I was running FAST. After that, a little swimming in the pool, about 150 meters. I'm not a very strong swimmer, so I'm trying to work my way up to over 400 meters, because that's how far you swim in a Sprint Triathlon.
That evening though, I couldn't walk. Up and down stairs, I couldn't bend my knees at all and I felt like a little old lady. That sucked.

Thursday, September 4th - went to Gold's again and biked for an hour this time, about 12.5 miles or so. Then I did some Back and Bicep exercises. I just kind of walked around and looked at the different machines and went by that. A little abs and was good to go.

Friday, September 5th - got up and ran 5 miles with the girls, averaging a 9:48 mile pace I believe. At work, I printed off the P90X workout sheets and I've decided to continue the exercises, but now just as the gym. I get really tired of doing nothing but staying at my house. If I workout at home, and get on the Net at home, and eat at home, then I NEVER go out and am never social. Which makes me depressed and I don't like that. So just going to the gym everyday and being around some other people and even just a little interaction should be a positive thing for me. Then possibly I won't mind when I'm at home and just reading or watching a little TV and chilling by myself. So, P90X is continuing, just at the gym instead. So I did Shoulders & Arms last night. And honestly...with dumbbells it was VERY hard. It was my first time using weights for the entire workout, and I probably was choosing weights that were too hard, because I couldn't get through the entire workout. I probably COULD have if I had taken a break and then gone back, but I was hungry and worn out and just tired. (Excuses, excuses. *tsk tsk*)

Today is Saturday and my knee is still hurting, so I believe tonight, I might do some low impact cardio for a while at Gold's and then go swimming and sit in the sauna.

No comments:

Post a Comment