Sunday, September 20, 2009

On The Road Again...

Sunday, September 13th - I did just a few core exercises and then went to a Philosophy lecture.

Monday, September 14th - I got some much needed rest and went into work a little later. That afternoon, I did Back & Biceps at the gym.

Tuesday, September 15th - Long run day = 100 minutes, almost 8.7 miles!!! This is the farthest I believe I've ever ran, but when I run Brookside to Cherry Street from my house, it doesn't seem too bad. I wasn't going very fast though, but I suppose long runs are supposed to be a little slower. My legs hurt very bad after this run; I sat and iced them since I didn't go into work until almost 1PM.

Wednesday, September 16th - I did some of the Plyometrics exercises while watching...SOME TV show. I should put in the actual DVD and do the full workout, but I suppose this is my way of 'multi-tasking' but unfortunately, it's not quite the same result. I only did this for about 20 minutes or so, enough to work up a sweat and feel my legs, but not enough to feel as though I accomplished the 'REAL' workout. In the afternoon, Shoulders & Arms was accomplished.

Thursday, September 17th - I got my Garmin 305 in the mail!!! I woke up at 5:15AM and went out South to run with Shelley. Well, it was pouring down rain...so...we went to IHOP instead. By 8AM it wasn't raining anymore and I wanted to try out this new device. So I just went for a little run around the neighborhood: 3.77 miles. It was kind of different, because I knew how fast I was running, how far, my heartrate and I didn't have to worry about getting lost or mileage or anything! The watch revealed ALL! After that, I had planned on going to Group Cycle at Gold's, so I went for a 45 minute calorie burning, butt busting workout with Angie. She helped me in the beginning, recognizing that I'd never been before, by helping me with my bike. She was SO full of energy and so positive, the time just flew by!

Friday, September 18th - I was supposed to get up and do Yoga in the morning...yeah...I slept in. After work, I went to Gold's and biked 10 miles and then did Yoga.

Saturday, September 20th - Race for the Cure!!! 7:45AM starting time, finished 3.1 mile, 5K at 29:55!!! At least, that's what I believe it said when I crossed. My goal was under 30, so I accomplished it! :-)
That night I did Chest & Back. I took a little break a little over half-way through it, because once I start getting really REALLY tired, my arms are just so shaky that I almost fall flat on my face while doing pushups. That doesn't accomplish much unfortunately!

Sunday, September 21st - I was supposed to get up this morning and bike to Turkey Mountain to do some running hill work. Yeah, I slept in, AGAIN. :-( I need to go to bed earlier and stop eating too late in the night. I believe I'll just do some Core work tonight and then turn in fairly early.

This week I plan on running Monday - 7.2 miles, Wednesday - Turkey Mountain Hill Work, Thursday - 5/6 faster miles with the girls, Friday - 110 minutes, long run. We MIGHT skip the run with the girls, but it was rained out last week, so I would prefer to go this week before Staff Meeting. I want to go to Cycling class again on Tuesday. Back & Biceps, Chest, Shoulders, & Triceps, and I need to do Legs & Back this week since I missed last week. One day of Yoga too, and we should be full! Oh, and I might swim tomorrow night after my meetings.

I did not do very well with eating last week. The past 3 days specifically, I haven't done well, and the scale did not go down, instead it went up a few pounds instead. Granted, your weight fluctuates, but I know better.

Guide-lines for this week:
1. No munching while TV watching.
2. No dipping things in Peanut Butter (even the HEALTHY kind!)
3. Buy enough salad and vegetables to keep in the house so I don't constantly have to run to the grocery store.
4. No more than 300 calories a day to protein bars a day.
5. At least one protein shake a day.
6. No eating out more than once a day, ANYTHING snack, etc.

I'm not there yet and I've seen changes, but I'm not there yet. I can't slack off now!

No comments:

Post a Comment