Saturday, July 25, 2009

Pushing The Limits!

Let's see, Wednesday morning I did bike Turkey Mountain! Yay, 15 miles! Although I have to admit, I went the 'easier' route. By going from my house all the way to 71st and Peoria and THEN going North, I don't have 2 huge hills to bike up. The first time I tried biking Turkey Mountain, I went the really difficult way and had to push my bike up twice. I felt like a TOTAL loser, but this time, I did the long slow climb hill at the beginning and then SOARED down the 2 really steep ones!

I also figured out that even with biking that far and spending 90 minutes out there...that it just doesn't burn a whole lot of calories. That's about 10-11mph, and honestly only about 26 calories burned per mile. So even with doing 15 miles, it's ONLY 390 calories! I could bike 15 miles and be out for 90 minutes, or just go run/walk 4 miles in approximately 45-60 minutes. Granted, biking is much easier for some people because they have issues with their knees and such, and I know that if I was to pick up the pace and bike faster, it would burn a little bit more...but still...calorie burning = running for me.

So onto the NEXT thing...
I surpassed my 3.2 or 38 minutes running! Thursday morning, I planned on running 4 miles on Riverside. So I go out and start at 41st and know that I have to run to 21st and turn around = 4 miles. Well, I couldn't figure out where the street sign for 21st Street was, so I kept running until I saw a sign, but by then it was 17th Street! So I just continued, not really sure how far I was going, but I kept looking at my IPOD clock and it was going on almost 50 minutes. I was extremely tired and warm (stupid me decided to go run at 9:30AM instead of earlier when it was cooler!). But I finished and then when I got home, I got onto www.mapmyrun.com and pulled up what I had just did, and I had run 4.98 miles! Super SUPER excited! Whooo!

Although, then I didn't work out that night after working at the salon, plus, I hung out with the guy. And because he kept me up, I didn't get up Friday morning either, and then felt really tired after work. So I ate, napped, and ended up going running with the boy at midnight, just like 2 or 3 miles total with warmup. Good times though! Tonight is back to P90X and building some 'muscle' - Back & Biceps!

No comments:

Post a Comment