Thursday, July 2, 2009

Still Moving & Groovin'!

Let's see...I met my goal time for June, 1900 minutes of exercise! Yay! Great job! This month, my goal is to run 38 miles and then 1950 minutes of exercise. The mileage itself should be about 380, so that should be fairly easy to do! :-) My birthday is this month, so maybe ONE day off...maybe. Maybe not. :-)

Have continued to listen to my ankle this week, my knee is being a little weird as well. I did yoga that day to help, then I went for just a 2 mile run and did Legs & Back VERY GENTLY the following day. Yesterday was Plyometrics day, and I made it through it without taking as many breaks, and it felt good, but I didn't feel as though I pushed as hard as I could. Sometimes I don't think I get my heart rate going as much as I should. Although when I check it, it's usually about 22-28 beats (for 10 seconds), so it's in the correct range. But I think that it goes up and then down and then up and then down. Granted, I don't think I could keep it up at the 168 bpm for very long; it's not even that fast when I'm running I don't think. I really want a heart rate monitor, a Garmin 450....$350-$500 later....I think I'll wait for a while. :-)

Today I went for another little run, 2.5 miles. I woke up a little later than expected this morning, but it rained last night so it wasn't too hot or humid out at 9:30AM. I had to be at work at noon and yes, I take a good hour to get ready (lunch, clothes, shower, hair, makeup and EVERYTHING else!) to be out the door is good I think. So I did about 2.5 miles and then worked at the salon.
Busy day and my ankle is acting up again, a little ice during dinner and I'll wear very good shoes tomorrow = no heels, no flip flops.

I WILL be running that 5K on Saturday, I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment