Saturday, July 11, 2009

When It Rains, It POURS

This week has been super busy and a little crazy too.

Tuesday night, I decided I was going to bike up to the Call Center the next morning to pick up my pay check stubs and drop off some postcards. Well, I didn't get my butt out of bed quite as early as I wanted, but at 9:30, I was determined to set off for my adventure, even though the sky looked a little questionable. Ha!!! Not even 2 miles away from my house, the sky literally just opens up. I looked like I had jumped into a swimming pool by the time I got up to the square. It usually takes me about...20 minutes or so to bike it, and I had to be a little more careful because the roads were slick. So then of course, on the way back, it's still pouring, even though I waited inside for a while to see if it would let up. Nope, of course not! When does it stop? About 10 minutes after I get home! Ahhhh!!!

Round two. Thursday morning, I'm going for a run, and I'm going to La Fortune. I overslept a little again and am still determined to go. I have to be at work at 12PM and I know that it is still much too hot at night to run even when it 'cools' down. I arrive and just barely started walking for warmup and I feel a couple drops. By the time I get settled in pace, it's pouring.

But! I only passed 1 other person that morning, which is a RECORD for La Fortune, it's usually packed. And...it felt SO EASY to run the 3.2 miles.

I was a little concerned about my IPod though. Wednesday, I had my Nano on my arm through the rain on the bike, and it had a blank screen until I let it dry out. So I purposely used my shuffle Thursday, just in case....and it was fine.

This morning, another 3.2 miles down. Tonight, need to do Core, and it's the END of the 2ND recovery week! 4 more weeks for P90X! Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment